From corrugated packaging, paper bags, retail displays, pre-print, supply and inventory management, paper mills and recycling, Atlantic is strategically positioned to provide customers with a total packaging solution.
The Business Systems Analyst, Middle Office is an integral team member of Atlantic’s Enterprise Applications group responsible for leveraging technology to revolutionize our core capabilities to maximize business outcomes. This role will join a growing team that will contribute to the digital delivery portfolio within Atlantic. Our technology projects underpin Atlantic’s digital strategy, which is focused on systems, data, and automation.
The Business Systems Analyst, Middle Office is technically savvy with a thorough understanding of Sales\Purchase\Planning\Manufacturing & Warehousing processes with experience in ERP\MES such as Infor, Infor Cloud Suite, Encore, CTI and Esko WebCenter. This role will focus on global systems deployment working directly with key operation business leads to collect business requirements, prepare functional specifications, prototype defined functionality and assist in the overall change associated with a global deployment.
Reporting to the Manager, Middle Office systems and in partnership with the Business Process Owners, Business Analysts from other functions, and IT Management to ensure the project progresses along agreed timelines and meets the key business requirements and success criteria.
Location: Scarborough, Ontario (currently hybrid)
- Design, configure and deploy the global ERP solution.
- Documenting business processes, business scenarios, detailed business requirements, prototyping solution, writing and coordination of test script execution, monitoring, and system changes.
- Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization to provide solutions to meet business needs.
- Assists in identifying manufacturing/business process gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Helps implementing new solutions like ERP\MES as per business requirements.
- Handle day-to-day ticket-based operational support for a complex suite of applications related to manufacturing processes such as design, graphics, production scheduling, quality control and reporting.
- Develop and update training materials for end/key users including appropriate system process documentation, procedures and/or work instructions.
- Understand the integration between the plant floor production software (MES systems like CTI suite of applications) and the ERP.
- Understand the features and configurations of the CTI suite of applications.
- Serve as the liaison between the vendor, IT and the production operations teams.
- Provide support to production operations teams by troubleshooting issues, implementing correction actions, conducting root cause analysis, and identifying and implementing preventive measures.
- Create an internal knowledge base to reduce dependency on the application vendor.
- Analyze new business requirements from the production operations teams and assist with the implementation of out-of-the-box solutions.
- Identify opportunities to utilize native capabilities of CTI and the ERP to replace in-house developed custom applications and guide/train them to improve their knowledge/usage of the applications.
- Adhere to project schedules, action logs, and dashboard reporting maintaining a list of ongoing and future activities.
- Lead change management and transition of projects to business-as-usual activities.
- University Degree in Business, Information Technology, or related major.
- 5+ years relevant experience as a Business Analyst, on large and complex technology projects with a focus on Sales and Customer service in the Manufacturing industry.
- 5+ years of technical expertise and experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software-preferably Infor and EnCore.
- Experienced with MES systems like CTI is an asset.
- Experience in business analysis, including elicitation and management of business requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships to obtain consensus and engagement among multiple partners.
- Hands on Sales Quoting, Order Fulfilment, Planning, Purchasing and Warehouse transactions and respected Master Data Management and
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Strong planning, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Self-motivated with a focus on driving results and strong sense of accountability.
Customer Focus – Personally demonstrates that external and internal customers are a high priority. Identifies customer needs and expectations and responds to them in a timely and effective manner. Anticipates and prevents delays or other things that can adversely affect the customer. Keeps customers informed about the status of pending actions and audits customer satisfaction with products or services.
Decision Quality – Gathers enough information to allow a pragmatic assessment of risks and benefits of alternative approaches in any decision. Stays focused on objectives and considers both the short-term and longer-term impact of decisions and keeps objectives in mind throughout the process. Communicates the impact and implications of decisions. Completes the appropriate level of due diligence required to make a quick, accurate decision.
Drive for Results – Achieves results within established timelines. Understands and demonstrates that intentions, activities, and results are not the same. Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; does not give up before finishing, even in the face of resistance or setbacks; consistently challenges self and others for results.
Leadership – The expectation of leadership is not reserved solely for only those who are in positions of authority, but from all employees. They demonstrate high integrity and are motivated by wanting to make a real difference to people by delivering a high-quality service for their customer and the organization. In positions of authority they: invest in development for the right people and identify and develop future leaders, and coach and provide candid feedback to others. They are visible and they model behaviors, competencies and values expected and inspire others to undertake challenging tasks and projects.
Teamwork – Is an effective team player who adds complementary skills and contributes valuable ideas, opinions, and feedback. Communicates in an open and candid manner and can be counted upon to fulfill any commitments made to others on the team. Ensures the right stakeholders are informed and involved where necessary. Is ready to “roll up their sleeves” as necessary.
Think and Act like an owner – Thinks and cares about the organization like an owner. Commits to and upholds organizational values, and core behaviors even under difficult circumstances. Demonstrates a strong sense of responsibility and dedication to the success of the organization. Takes appropriate risks, holds self and others accountable for measurable, high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results and openly raises a challenge even if others don’t.
Atlantic Packaging is dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment where all colleagues and customers feel valued and supported. We are committed to developing our team to reflect the diversity of our communities in which we live and work and seek applicants with a wide range of abilities. If you require accommodation, please contact HR@atlantic.ca