Accounts Payable Administrator
Vaughan – Keele/Langstaff
Competitive Salary based upon experience
Did you know that 34,000+ Canadians are directly employed in the recycling industry? Interested in becoming part of Canada’s workforce that’s shaping our environment?
HERES WHAT WE DO…
As one of the fastest growing metal recycling and management organizations across North America, Combined Metal Industries (CMI for short!) sources and processes recycled ferrous and non-ferrous metals and ensure they do not end up in a landfill or go to waste. Our recycling stream ensures that all metals that enter our yards will create something new again! We have multiple sites, located in North York, Vaughan and Cambridge.
HERE’S WHERE YOU COME IN!
CMI is looking for an Accounts Payable Administrator who will be responsible for accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions.
SOUND GOOD SO FAR? HERE’S WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN THIS ROLE…
· Review invoices for appropriate documentation and where relevant match to corresponding packing slips, purchase orders and/or cheque requests
· Pre-code invoices to correct cost centre and general ledger account
· Distribute invoices for applicable approvals
· Perform payment processing function for cheques, wire and EFT (including match invoices to payment and obtaining necessary approvals)
· Monitor accounts to ensure payments are paid on due date
· Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
· Resolve invoice discrepancies
· Communicate with vendors and respond to inquiries
· Maintain vendor files
· Assist with month end closing
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU A VALUED MEMBER OF OUR TEAM?
· Post secondary education in an accounting or business program or equivalent applicable experience
· Minimum 1 – 2 years previous experience in accounts payable or general accounting
· Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal)
· Intermediate computer skills with MS Word, Excel, Outlook
· Ability to perform arithmetic computations required to calculate prices and discounts, debits and credits and prepare reports
· Customer service oriented, possess tact and judgement in dealing with difficult and demanding customers
· Must be able to respond to tight deadlines during regular and peak periods and to last minute demands and requirements
· Organized, detailed oriented, ability to prioritize tasks
· Ability and desire to learn
· Strong judgement and decision-making ability
A FEW THINGS ABOUT US/WHAT WE OFFER……
We want to provide you with the best including:
Competitive salary with an opportunity to realize a bonus based on performance
Performance-based salary increases
A great team to learn from and unlock growth and career opportunities
An inclusive, friendly and multi-cultural environment
Progressive and approachable leadership team focused on winning and continuous improvement
Brand-new state of the art recycling facility and offices in Vaughan (150,000 square feet)
Games room & collaboration café
A commitment to your health and safety and those CMI impacts
A chance to give back to the environment and contribute to sustainability
Already picturing yourself in this role? We thought you might be! Send us your resume and let us know how you would make an impact at CMI.
To learn more about us visitwww.combinedmetal.com
We look forward to hearing from everyone but please note that due to the volume of resumes submitted, only those selected for next steps will be contacted. To stay in touch with CMI and keep up to date on all open opportunities, follow us on LinkedIn and Indeed!
CMI is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process.*
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Employee assistance program
Extended health care
Paid time off
Work from home
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Temporarily due to COVID-19