ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II
Job Posting #: 923639
Site: University Centre, Toronto Rehab Institute
Department: Outpatient Clinics, Echo Ontario at UHN
Reports to: Manager, Program Services
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Wage range: $23.28 – $29.10 per hour. To commensurate with experience and consistent with UHN compensation policy.
Status: Temporary Full-Time (approx. 12 months)
Shifts: Monday – Friday; Days
Posted Date: August 24th 2023
Closing Date: September 7th 2023
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses?Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of ground-breaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.?
ECHO (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes) is a collaborative model of education that empowers health care providers (HCPs) in underserved areas of Ontario to provide better care to more people, right where they live. ECHO at UHN currently runs 4 programs to support providers with management of these complex conditions: chronic pain, liver, rheumatology, and concussion.
ECHO does not “provide” direct care to patients but it increases access to specialty level treatment by HCPs in the community. It does so by engaging HCPs from underserved areas in weekly videoconferencing sessions delivered by experts from University Health Network and other academic medical centers. The sessions include educational talks, case presentations, and interactive discussions. ECHO has expanded across Ontario as a successful model to improve access to care, improve professional skills, and disseminate medical education on best practices and new guidelines.
- Administrative support of the project team including the Executive teams, project manager, and coordinators
- All administrative tasks related to preparing and smooth operation of weekly ECHO sessions
- Registration of program participants
- Attending ECHO sessions and submitting attendance reports
- Assisting with events such as seminars and conferences
- Efficient coordination, organization and scheduling of meetings, webinars and teleconferences including generating agendas and recording accurate minutes
- Responding to telephone calls and fielding inquiries appropriately
- Corresponding and communicating effectively with clients, team members and internal and external stakeholders
- General office management including maintaining databases, documentation, filing, photocopying, faxing
- Ordering and maintaining inventory of equipment and office supplies
- Data entry
- Managing expense reimbursement requests and collection of invoices
- Previous on-the-job computer/word-processing, database and spreadsheet software experience. Experience with marketing software (Mailchimp) and SurveyMonkey preferred
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Minimum of three (3) years related administrative support experience
- Completion of a recognized office administration, customer service or business/marketing post-secondary program at the diploma level required
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Good knowledge of organizational/office practices, procedures, standards
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well under pressure and use good judgment in assessing difficult situations
Why join UHN?
In addition to working alongside some of the most talented and inspiring healthcare professionals in the world, UHN offers a wide range of benefits, programs and perks. It is the comprehensiveness of these offerings that makes it a differentiating factor, allowing you to find value where it matters most to you, now and throughout your career at UHN.
- Competitive offer packages
- Government organization and a member of the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP https://hoopp.com/)
- Close access to Transit and UHN shuttle service
- A flexible work environment
- Opportunities for development and promotions within a large organization
- Additional perks (multiple corporate discounts including: travel, restaurants, parking, phone plans, auto insurance discounts, on-site gyms, etc.)
Current UHN employees must have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, to be eligible for consideration.
Vaccines (COVID and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their requirements known in advance. Any information received related to an accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.