The University of Toronto is strongly committed to diversity within its community. The University especially welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Location: University of Toronto, St.George Campus
Date Ad Posted: April 20, 2023
Application Deadline: April 27, 2023
Under the general direction of the Supervisor/Manager, Early Learning Centre (ELC), the incumbent will assist the Early Childhood Educators in providing a care and education program for children from infancy to four years of age.
- High school graduation (must be minimum 18 years of age);
- Early Childhood Education Assistant Certificate an asset;
- CPR and First Aid Certificate;
- Experience working with children from infancy to 5 years of age;
- Experience communicating to and interacting with parents;
- Self-motivated,excellent communication and interpersonal skills, good organizational skills, patience, self-control, tact, sound judgment, discretion, sensitivity and a positive outlook;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, flexibility and judgment when handling unpredictable situations;
- Ability to contribute and be an effective member of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Ability to lift and carry children of approximately 50 lbs.;
- Hiring subject to criminal reference check.
Hours will vary depending on the needs of the Centre. Occasional overtime may be required. There are THREE (3) openings available
Please make applications via fax or email to:
Central Administration Human Resources Services
214 College St., Room 310
Toronto, ON M5T 2Z9
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $35,297.00 per year
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-04-27