JOB POSTING 873435
Position: Clinical Service Business Manager
Department: Diagnostic Partnerships
Reports To: Director, Diagnostic Partnerships
Hours: 15-20 Hours Per Week
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Business Manager in our Diagnostic Partnerships Department.
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
The role works closely with senior management, directors, unit managers, and the finance and business intelligence teams to complete a comprehensive review of the program’s costing information, build a robust pricing structure for the program which has been identified as one of the key activities to ensure the success of program and organizational strategic development
The position is required to perform the following scope of work in defined time period. Deliverables are to be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
- Develop a status report to understand the foundational knowledge with regards to the program’s numerous test and procedure and their cost components
- Develop a status report for senior management on current stage of costing/pricing structure of the program’s tests and services;
- Provide recommendations and move on to build a new model that can be maintained/updated by the operating and finance team
- Support new business development & business modeling on ad hoc basis when required.
- Extensive work experience in healthcare with deep understanding of costing and modeling
- Expensive experience with business case development, report writing
- Completion of a professional designation (CPA or equivalent) or MBA required
- Highly competent computer and data analytic skills,
- Effective management and execution of projects and special projects with strong motivational and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to effectively work with diverse teams
- Ability to take a creative and proactive approach to problem recognition, solving and conflict resolution required
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: March 18, 2021 CLOSING DATE: Until FIlled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.