The selected candidate will be setting-up and operating CNC machines while maintaining the quality of both the product and equipment.
Job Description / Responsibilities:
- As a CNC Lathe Setup Operator, you would be required to:
- Use CNC lathes to turn tapers and external diameters, face surfaces, drill, ream, and tap holes, bore internal diameters, turn internal and external threads, and knurl surface patterns from various materials to drawing requirements.
- May be required to set up, operate and maintain a variety of other machine tools including CNC tools to perform precision, repetitive and non-repetitive machining operations such as sawing, turning, milling, boring, drilling, broaching, precision grinding and other machining operations.
- Set machine or equipment controls and proper tools for specific operations for particular jobs.
- Enter codes specifying speeds, feed and cut of the tool path for CNC machine tools.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings/ blueprints to determine machining operations.
- Compute dimensions and tolerances, measure and lay out work pieces.
- Perform accurate work-in-process dimensional or surface verification to specification by: using precision measuring instruments to check straight cuts, shapes, threads, holes, tapers, hardness, and surfaces; deburring work pieces; and performing in-process inspections
- Fit and assemble machined metal parts and sub-assemblies using hand and power tools.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and machinery.
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments.
- Please note that the duties and responsibilities outlined are not exhaustive and that you may be expected to perform other reasonable duties and responsibilities should the need arise.
- Report directly to Plant Manager.
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities Required:
- 5 years experience as a setup operator on milling machines
- 4-5 axis machining experience: Fanuc/ Siemens/ Heidenhain controls
- Ability to read/ interpret blueprints
- Experience using various mechanical inspection tools
- Understanding of CNC Programming and G-codes
- Aerospace experience is a benefit
- Analytical thinking
- Interpersonal skills (including working effectively with others and influencing skills)
- Demonstrates strong time management skills with the ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects
We thank all candidates for their interest in LHM Technologies Inc. However, due to the high volume of applications, only those applicants who meet the minimum requirements for the role will be contacted. Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents will be given preference.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Overtime pay
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Machine Operator: 3 years (preferred)