Job Description / Responsibilities:
- Develop applications / programs using CAD/CAM (computer-aided drafting, computer-aided) for control of CNC (computer numerical control) machines and other manufacturing processes and operations.
- Determine suitable and cost-effective machining processes based on part specifications.
- Write and optimize CNC programs to create complex parts on 4 and 5 axis machining centers.
- Develop and prove-out required tools, fixtures and select cutting tools.
- Create and compile necessary documents to aid in setting up machines.
- Ability to work on various complexities of components.
- Review existing machining processes for improvement opportunities.
- Work with engineering, production, quality, purchasing and scheduling departments to ensure a quality products flow through the facility.
- Work with machinists to ensure CNC programs are fully comprehendible and that issues do not arise.
- Provide assistance with problem solving when issues arise in reference to product manufacturing.
- May be required to set up and/or assist in setup, operate and maintain a variety of other machine tools including CNC tools to perform precision, repetitive and non-repetitive machining operations.
- Work to set deadlines.
- Please note that the duties and responsibilities outlined are not exhaustive and that you may be expected to perform other reasonable duties and responsibilities should the need arise.
- Report directly to Production Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Minimum 5 to 10 years experience writing CNC programs in a machining environment
- Demonstrates proficiency with CAD (solid modeling) and CAM software
- Three years experience using MasterCam 2020
- Experience in using SolidWorks 2020, CATIA, and/or Vericut, Aerospace experience a plus
- Proficient with GD&T
- Ability to read/ interpret blueprints
- Strong technical knowledge of precision machining and manufacturing methods
- Strong problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Analytical thinking
- Interpersonal skills (including working effectively with others and influencing skills)
- Demonstrates strong time management skills with the ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects
LHM offers a state of the art facility, competitive salaries and a full benefit package and work perks.
We thank all candidates for their interest in LHM Technologies Inc. However, due to the high volume of applications, only those applicants who meet the minimum requirements for the role will be contacted. Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents will be given preference.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Day shift