WHAT ON EARTH IS DECIEM?
Known as “The Abnormal Beauty Company”, DECIEM is the parent company of The Ordinary, NIOD, Avestan, and other beauty brands & is an industry disruptor with a science first approach to innovation. DECIEM was Co-Founded in 2013 by the late Brandon Truaxe, a visionary who set out to change the beauty industry through authenticity and transparency. He developed DECIEM to be a happy family (of people and beauty brands), rooted in kindness, creativity, diversity, and respect, alongside Co-Founder and CEO, Nicola Kilner.
We are growing rapidly and we’re looking for someone who shares this vision and wants to grow with us!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking an experience Compounding Technician to join our Production team.
This role will be based out of our Eastside Facility in Etobicoke.
WHAT YOU’D BE DOING IN THIS ROLE
- Effectively process batches within specifications to meet department batch execution targets by ensuring optimal cycle time in support of schedule adherence
- Dismantle, clean, sanitize and assemble processing equipment according to established SODs to ensure GMP compliance and meet department changeover targets in support of reliability and productivity goals
- Compounding all sorts of batches but not limited to aqueous based products, O/W, W/O, anhydrous products as per SOP’s and Master Formulas
- Ability to operate various equipment, including fully and semi-automatic kettles, pumps, agitators, hoists and scales Perform calibration checks for scales, gauges and mixers
- Collect representative samples of product batches and co-ordinates with R&D team to make sure the finished product matches the standard
- Responsible for the cleaning and sanitation of batching kettles according to Standard Operating Procedure
- Follow all safety procedures and wear required PPE (respirators, face shields, eyeglasses, etc.) and report any workplace injuries or accidents.
- Complete G.M.P. documents, such as the batch records, C & S logs, housekeeping logs and other documents as required, right at first time
- Maintain general housekeeping of compounding area includes keeping all pipes, hoses, clamps, gaskets, and other processing equipment off the floor and in proper storage area
- Assist in maintaining compounding standards of cleanliness and organization and ensure tidiness standards are always respected and maintained
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- Knowledge and understanding of WHMIS is preferred
- Valid forklift license is an asset
- Attention to detail, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Effective time management and communication skills
- Relevant education OR equivalent work experience with compounding is an asset
WHAT YOU’LL BE GAINING BY JOINING OUR TEAM
There’s a lot of good stuff that comes along with being a DECIEM team member. Here’s a few of our favourite perks and benefits, in no particular order…
- Generous Vacation & Personal Days, plus additional time off for volunteering in your community, voting, peaceful protesting, celebrating your birthday, and more.
- 6 months of paid time off for new parents (inclusive of all genders).
- Monthly catered lunches and chances to connect with your teammates.
- Unlimited access to an Employee Assistance Program that includes mental health care, mindfulness programs, and more.
- Access to Development Grants & a LinkedIn Learning membership to help you keep growing and learning.
- First dibs on new products.
- A generous discount on DECIEM products for you, your family, and your friends.
BUILDING GROWTH TO POWER GOOD
We are a People first company that lives by our core values to…
- Do the right thing
- Create impact
- Respect small things
- ❤️ Care too much
- Be the future
These values continue to guide us in all that we do. Along the way, we’ve been honoured to win some pretty incredible awards, including a CEW Achiever Award, Best Skincare Brand at Sunday Times Style Beauty Awards, and Most Popular Sustainable Brand by The Cosmetify Index Global. We’re still blushing!
SUSTAINABILITY AND SOCIAL IMPACT
DECIEM’s objective is to build growth and do good things while prioritizing people, animals, and the Earth.
Our Sustainability strategy is focused on fighting climate change, improved waste management, responsible packaging, responsible sourcing and product lifecycle, and water conservation.
In 2020, DECIEM established the Good Fund to support both large and grassroots charities in response to global events.
CREATING A HUMAN WORLD OF BEAUTY
DECIEM is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) by creating meaningful, measurable change in the lives of our team members and in the communities where we operate. Achieving equality is critical to DECIEM and our future. You can learn more about our DEI commitment in our open letter, “Commit to Change, Change will Come”.
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation, please let us know.