Vaughan – Keele/Langstaff
Competitive Salary based upon experience
Did you know that 34,000+ Canadians are directly employed in the recycling industry? Interested in becoming part of Canada’s workforce that’s shaping our environment?
HERES WHAT WE DO…
As one of the fastest growing metal recycling and management organizations across North America, Combined Metal Industries (CMI for short!) sources and processes recycled ferrous and non-ferrous metals and ensure they do not end up in a landfill or go to waste. Our recycling stream ensures that all metals that enter our yards will create something new again! We have multiple sites, located in North York, Vaughan and Cambridge.
HERE’S WHERE YOU COME IN!
As a Data Analyst, you will create and execute the collection, aggregation, and analysis of key data reports to guide the activities of CMI. You will provide meaningful data and reporting to ensure key business decisions are made correctly.
SOUND GOOD SO FAR? HERES WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN THIS ROLE…
- Develop, maintain and present detailed and accurate reports for stakeholders using various methods (e.g. charts, graphs, dashboards, tables). These reports will provide visibility into performance against key business objectives.
- Perform complex analyses of developmental, financial, organizational and/or planning data. Verify the correctness of the data submitted. Make recommendations based on these analyses.
- Find trends using mathematical models.
- Provide timely summaries of data collected and escalation of key issues.
- Monitor data health to detect, escalate and fix issues.
- Conduct benchmarking, target-setting and continuous improvement activities relating to controllable variance and propose actions to meet goals and objectives.
- Facilitation of strategic discussions with key decision makers.
- Exhibit sound judgement with keeping data safe and publishing wisely.
- Other tasks as required
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU A VALUED MEMBER OF OUR TEAM?
- Post-secondary education in business, finance or applied mathematics/analytics
- 3+ years of experience in a similar analytical role
- Experience with reporting tools is required
- Exposure or experience in a manufacturing or logistics environment (preferred but not necessary)
- Excellent mathematics and statistical analysis skills
- Programming skills would be an asset (Visual Basic, Python)
- Strong with Microsoft products, particularly in Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders in various departments
- Communication skills – verbal and written fluency in English, effective presentation skills
- Effective planning skills with prioritizing, time management skills
A FEW THINGS ABOUT US/WHAT WE OFFER……
We want to provide you with the best including:
- Competitive salary with an opportunity to realize a bonus based on performance
- Excellent benefits
- Performance-based salary increases
- A great team to learn from and unlock growth and career opportunities
- An inclusive, friendly and multicultural environment
- A progressive and approachable leadership team focused on winning and continuous improvement
- Brand-new state of the art recycling facility and offices in Vaughan (240,000 square feet)
- Games room & collaboration café
- Free CMI Academy webinars and workshops to accelerate your personal and professional development
- A commitment to your health and safety and those CMI impacts
- A chance to give back to the environment and contribute to sustainability
Already picturing yourself in this role? We thought you might be! Send us your resume and let us know how you would make an impact at CMI.
To learn more about us visit www.combinedmetal.com
We look forward to hearing from everyone but please note that due to the volume of resumes submitted, only those selected for the next steps will be contacted. To stay in touch with CMI and keep up to date on all open opportunities, follow us on LinkedIn and Indeed!
CMI is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process.*