Looking to join a creative, engaging team of professionals?
Located in Davenport Village, Hellenic Home – Hellenic Care for Seniors (Toronto) Inc., is an outstanding ‘Home away from Home’ providing personalized quality care and services to the 81 residents in our community.
Position: Dietary Aide
The Dietary Aide supports the Dietary Services Department provide support to the Dietary Services Department of the Home. The Dietary Aide is responsible for the overall care and satisfaction of residents during mealtimes, including, preparing and portioning meals, serving meals according to therapeutic diet orders, and transporting dishes to/from the kitchen before and after meals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To serve meals to residents and guests in a professional and courteous manner.
- To assist in the set up and preparation for service of various items such as beverages, salads, desserts etc.
- To set and clear dining tables and deliver tray service as required.
- To assist with cleaning of dishware, cutlery at the conclusion of each seating as required.
- To assist with maintaining the cleanliness of kitchen and dining area as required.
- To assist with catering, and actively participate in special occasions and theme events.
- To follow and comply with health and safety legislation and departmental safe job procedures.
- To comply with all provincial regulations and established department policies and procedures.
- To attend in-service training as required to better serve the needs of the residents.
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be enrolled or have completed an approved Food Services Worker program from a post secondary institution.
- Previous food service experience in long-term care preferred.
- Proficient in food preparation and serving techniques.
- Proven safe food handling practices.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job, which include, standing for prolonged periods of time. and pushing/pulling/lifting/carrying up to 20lbs.
- Greek speaking is an asset
Note: Selected candidates must also comply with one HSP employer policy currently in effect
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $15.21-$16.21 per hour