OSL (Outsourced Sales Leadership) was established in 2012 in Mississauga, Ontario, to provide clients with customized designed sales solutions in retail, direct sales, merchandising and customer acquisition.
It is an exciting time to be at OSL Retail Services, working for a people-focused company that’s at the top of its game. The momentum we’ve generated in recent years with our commitments to client customers, innovation, business results, and an entrepreneurial spirit has created energy, enthusiasm, and engagement among our employees that is pushing us to new heights. And we’re on the lookout for talented people who share our vision and values and want to join us in this journey. At OSL, our culture is our foundation. Passionate employees, great customer service, and long-term relationships are all built upon that foundation. We value people, passion, honesty, respect, and integrity.
Reporting to the Director of Client Services, the General Manager is accountable for ensuring that your store delivers excellence in Customer Experience and Operations, supports the Samsung brand, adds value, and meets our collective business goals. You will lead by example and always create an environment where team members feel valued, can grow, and function well as a team.
What you will be responsible for:
- The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of store operations to maximize the Samsung brand presence and overall store profitability
- Drive multi-product category sales performance, outstanding customer experience, and operational objectives by recruiting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, and managing employees
- Create strategies to drive sales across multiple categories, including wireless devices, tablets, wearables, home automation products, televisions, digital appliances, accessories, and services
- Optimize in store labor hours to maximize sales productivity and conversion while in turn balancing customer experience and service benchmarks
- Act with professionalism and integrity. Coach employees to uncover customers’ needs through skilled questioning, perception, and empathy while enthusiastically showcasing and qualifying them on the Samsung ecosystem
- Coach staff on compliance within sales standards and operational duties and always utilize performance management strategies to ensure best-in-class execution
- Assume an active role in creating a compelling store environment with the maintenance of merchandising standards to guide employees and customers with ease through their Samsung experience
- Perform inventory checks, ensuring accurate counts with variances following the appropriate escalation and reporting pathways working cross functionally with head office operations teams
- Elevate relationships with the in-store repairs center and the facility and security suppliers
- Lead semi-annual store tours for global executive leaders of Samsung
- Lead weekly store meetings, ensuring team members are up to date on all promotions, operational guidelines, loss and fraud prevention, carrier programs, and product knowledge
- Create an open-door environment, upholding professionalism, and integrity at all levels
To be successful:
- Minimum 5-7 years of retail management experience
- Will embody the Samsung brand in every interaction with customers and genuinely care about their needs
- Must have a high level of interpersonal and customer skills to work with others, motivate employees, and assign work as required
- Possess strong management, coaching, and leadership abilities developed in a retail organization; within the major appliance and consumer electronics sector, is considered an asset
- Identifies top talent and proactively recruits, selects, and hires team members; can strategically build a team with supporting succession and performance management plans
- Detail-oriented and results-focused individual with a proven ability to manage multiple priorities with a sense of urgency
- Effective decision-maker and problem-solver with solid customer service orientation towards the consumer and direct reports
- Possess a keen eye for merchandising, inventory management, and creating effective store design
- Ability to drive sales, achieve operational performance standards, and drive excellence in customer service
- Flexible to work beyond traditional business hours, holidays, evenings, and weekend periods, based on retail business needs as they arise
What we offer:
- Competitive salary with industry-leading bonus structure; we will identify and reward commitment to excellence in service and sales
- Exciting incentive programs
- Comprehensive health and benefits plans
- Discounts on the newest wireless technology
- Great employee referral program
- Ongoing continuous training (online and in the classroom) to support your personal and professional development
- Local, regional, and national career growth opportunities
- A supportive workplace culture and work environment
If you have the knowledge and experience, we are looking for, and our company sounds like the right fit for you – don’t wait a minute longer – please apply online now.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
OSL is committed to an inclusive workplace that does not discriminate against race, nationality, religion, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an EEOC Employer.