Positions Available: 1
Compensation:$45,778,82 to $51,607.92 per annum
Unionized Position: Yes
Hours of Work:35.00 hours per week
Union: CUPE L3358
Position Type: Full-time Permanent
Job Class: Administrative
The Intake Worker will be responsible for operating the day to day intake and access operations for Reconnect Community Health Services, and will ensure that completed intakes are completed and distributed to the appropriate program and/or agency(s) for further processing. This role will be responsible for the intake function for internal programs at the organization and for the West Toronto Community Network of Care.
- Operating the day to day operations of Reconnect Community Health Services and the West Toronto Community Network of Care within a shared team model, ensuring all applicants are screened and referred in a timely manner to the appropriate internal program or agency service;
- Ensuring that completed intakes are distributed to the appropriate program or agency for further processing;
- Providing written and electronic reports in keeping with the standards and procedures of Reconnect and the West Toronto Community Network of Care
- At the referral stage, where the services cannot meet the client’s needs, the Intake Worker will make recommendations to the individual and/or referring person/agency, regarding alternative services and assist them in linking with these services;
- Participating constructively as a member of the West Network’s Service Resolution Process;
- Establishing liaison with other access systems, agencies/providers of community health services in the West Toronto Sub-Region as necessary and appropriate;
- Preparing monthly reports and any other data as required;
- Assisting in ensuring accurate completion of screening documents;
- Responding appropriately and in a timely manner to crisis situations involving clients of the West Network services, including assessing high risk behaviours (self harm, suicide) referring to crisis services;
- Administrative duties to support service functioning as required
The successful candidate will possess:
- University degree and/or Community College Diploma in social services or related field;
- 2-3 years of experience in an intake role
- Solid knowledge and experience with screening tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of interview and assessment skills
- Phone and on-line service support experience an asset
- In depth knowledge of community healthcare services within Toronto. Knowledge of services in the west end of Toronto is an asset.
- Minimum two years related experience in crisis support and intervention;
Key skills and abilities we are looking for:
- Ability to conduct intake interviews to assess appropriateness for services within Reconnect and the West Toronto Sub-Region
- Ability to act as a liaison with other agencies and service providers
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making and organizational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Self-directed and independent, but also experienced in working effectively as a member of multi-disciplinary team, which includes internal and external stakeholders;
- Applied computer skills (Microsoft Office, Client Information Systems, Web browsing);
- Fluency in a second language is a strong asset and preferred;
- Valid Driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle is preferred.
- Criminal background check;
- Must be willing to work flexible hours as required.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Reconnect, all new hires must have received both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada prior to their start date and will be required to show proof. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon Reconnect’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Who we are:
Reconnect Community Health Services is a not-for-profit health service organization in the west end of Toronto. Our services include supports for seniors, caregivers, and people living with mental health and addictions concerns.
All interested applicants who meet the qualifications are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by clicking “Apply Now”.
To request an accommodation in the application process, contact us by phone at (416) 899-7894.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reconnect Community Health Services
1281 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto, Ontario M6E 1B8
Reconnect Community Health Services promotes the principles of and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We strongly encourage applicants with lived experiences, from Indigenous communities, people of all races, colors, ethnic origins, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations to apply. We recognize that equitable access to employment is an agent in social change.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,778.82-$51,607.92 per year
- Intake role: 2 years (preferred)
- Crisis support and intervention: 2 years (preferred)
- Phone and online service support: 1 year (preferred)
- Post-secondary education in social services or related field (required)
Work Location: In person