Jr. Chemical Process Engineer
DCL International Inc., Concord, ON
About DCL International Inc.
DCL International Inc. is a leader in design and manufacturing of catalytic converters, catalytic mufflers, diesel particulate filters and stock mufflers for the air pollution control of off-highway vehicles, stationary engines, industrial processes and specialized on-highway vehicles. DCL supplies to world leading engine manufacturers, original equipment manufacturers and aftermarket retrofit. For more information about DCL, visit www.dcl-inc.com.
We are a fast-paced, highly motivated team of individuals, looking for an Jr. Chemical Process Engineer to join our team!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work in our Coating Production Department with coating production Supervisor, Production Manager, R&D Manager, and other relevant departments on design, implementation, and optimization of catalyst coating process and machinery.
- Oversees and assesses catalyst coating processes and workflows.
- Tracks metrics to discover areas for process improvement and monitor upgrades.
- Communicates findings and proposals to upper management.
- Provides production procedure for successful implementation of process changes.
- Optimizes chemical coating productivity by designing, implementing and testing new procedures.
- Conducts risk assessments.
- Assesses compliance with applicable environmental, safety and quality standards.
- Assembles reports to document process status and changes.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as needed.
- Business trips occasionally
Qualifications & Skills
- Ideally, possess a Masters or Bachelors Degree in Chemical or Materials Engineering.
- Some exposure to process engineering is preferable but not necessary.
- Should demonstrate a basic understanding of applicable chemical, materials and production process skills.
- A solid work ethic, honesty, professionalism, and a willingness to adapt and meet deadlines within a changing environment is required.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic and an energetic style.
- Good communication skills are required along with the ability to work independently or in a team setting.
- We are a proud Canadian company, and we care about our shared environment.
- We provide a safe and clean work environment.
- We offer competitive pay and benefits.
- We encourage professional development and offer reimbursements for professional fees and tuition.
- We recognize employees for their achievements through our Innovative Award program.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are dedicated in providing accommodation in accordance with all relevant legislation and if you require accommodation, please advise the HR department and we will work with you to meet your needs.
No telephone calls or agencies please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have a University Degree in Chemical or Materials Engineering?
- How many years experience do you have in process or production engineering?