Job Posting: 870850
Position: Laboratory Medicine Manager II, Genetics & Histocompatibility
Site: Toronto General Hospital
Department: Pathology, Laboratory Medicine Program
Reports to: Senior Director, Laboratory Operations
Salary: $97,465 – $103,560 per annum (Commensurate with experience and consistent with UHN Compensation Policy)
Hours: 37.5 hour per week
Status: Permanent Full-time
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of a Laboratory Medicine Manager II, Genetics & Histocompatibility in our Laboratory Medicine Program.
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of ground breaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
The major role of the Laboratory Manager , Genetics & Histocompatibility is to collaborate as a member of the management team in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating the Laboratory Medicine Program long range and short term business and other strategies to meet the on-going changes and challenges of laboratory services in the current health care sector environment; performing financial management responsibilities; directing the development and implementation of communication, marketing, advertising and public relations strategies; managing human resources; performing quality management responsibilities; performing cross-functional duties, as assigned or requested; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- Graduate of a Medical laboratory Technologist (MLT) program
- Completion of a recognized Business Administration degree, preferred
- Masters prepared, preferred
- Ten (10) years recent large hospital laboratory technical experience required
- Five (5) years progressive leadership experience
- Experience working with personnel at senior levels
- Registration with the college of Medical Laboratory Technologist of Ontario (CMLTO)
- Experience in contract management
- Excellent operation management and planning skills
- Excellent human resources management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of the medical laboratory industry
- Ability to take a creative and proactive approach to problem recognition, solving and conflict resolution
- Ability to be innovative, insightful and use sound judgment
- Demonstrate commitment to continuing education
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
Posted Date: January 28, 2021 Closing Date: Until Filled
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.