Combined Metal Industries
Competitive Salary based upon experience
WHO IS CMI?
As one of the fastest growing metal recycling and management organizations across North America, Combined Metal Industries (CMI for short!) sources and processes recycled ferrous and non-ferrous metals and ensure they do not end up in a landfill or go to waste. Our recycling stream ensures that all metals that enter our yards will create something new again!
HERE’S WHERE YOU COME IN!
We are looking for a passionate Maintenance professional looking to make a difference within our growing business. In this role you will lead the afternoons shift to ensure the safety, maintenance of equipment, quality of work, customer service and productivity meet all company and legislative standards. You will supervise a team of trades employees that consist of Industrial Millwrights, Welders, a 310 Truck Mechanic and several trade apprentices.
· Ensure the Safety and Environmental Program is properly executed meeting all CMI, OHSA and legislative rules and regulations.
· Contribute to developing and maintaining a positive work environment by engaging and motivating employees
· Work in conjunction with the Maintenance Manager to provide and/or ensure effective training and development of employees
· Interview and assist with hiring decisions, performance reviews and progressive discipline
· Manage employee productivity
· Maintain up to date database of work orders in Maintenance Plus for status, analysis and reporting
· Maintain preventative maintenance programs and schedules for all pieces of equipment
· Coordinate/plan schedules for in house repairs
· Coordinate/plan schedules for outside contractor repairs
· Coordinate access to equipment with Logistics and Operations in the most efficient and effective manner
· Assign work orders to applicable employee, or outside contractor
· Work In conjunction with the Maintenance Coordinator to ensure the tactical procurement of supplies, parts, services and equipment
· Monitor repairs completed by employees for quality standards and productivity requirements
· Troubleshoot and repairs on equipment as required
· Attend service calls as required
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU A VALUED MEMBER OF OUR TEAM?
· Post-secondary education in Mechanical/Engineering Technician /Technologist diploma and or possess a Millwright / Mechanic / Electrician ticket / qualification
· A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years experience in a supervisory role, supervising and managing Skilled Trades (ie welders, millwrights, electricians, truck mechanics)
· A strong mechanical maintenance background & aptitude
· Experience with heavy equipment movers and balers an asset
· Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
· Excellent time management
· High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
· Working knowledge and experienced CMMS software. M+ would be an asset.
A FEW THINGS ABOUT US……
We want to provide you with the best including:
· A competitive salary including excellent benefits and performance-based increases.
· A great team to learn from and unlock career growth progression
· A commitment to your health and safety and those CMI impacts
· A chance to give back to the environment and contribute to sustainability.
Already picturing yourself in this role? We thought you might be! Send us your resume and let us know how you would make an impact at CMI.
To learn more about us visitwww.combinedmetal.com
We look forward to hearing from everyone but please note that due to the volume of resumes submitted, only those selected for next steps will be contacted. To stay in touch with CMI and keep up to date on all open opportunities, follow us on LinkedIn and Indeed!
CMI is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process.*
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Supervisor: 3 years (Preferred)
- supervisory: 3 years (Required)