SEIU JOB POSTING #866539
Position: Maintenance Worker
Site: Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Department: Facilities Manangement
Reports to: Manager
Salary Grade: PM-48
Salary Range: $23.86 – $24.30
Hours: 37.5 Hours per week; flexible hours to accommodate operation needs, to including nights and weekends
Status: Temporary Full-Time (approx. 12 months)
As an integral member of the Maintenance Department, the MAINTENANCE WORKER works under the direction of certified tradesperson, the principal responsibilities include: assisting trades personnel with the repair and maintenance of equipment, machinery and facilities; performing very minor carpentry, maintenance and plumbing repairs to Hospital buildings/facility; performing very minor electrical repairs and maintenance on lighting fixtures, appliances, machinery and similar equipment; performing minor installation, assembly and transportation duties; performing cross-functional duties as assigned and/or required; performing other duties consistent with the classification, as required
- At minimum, completion of high school or recognized equivalent
- Completion of related mechanical and relevant trade courses preferred
- 1 year to less than 2 years practical and related experience and/or 6 months to less than 9 months on the job training
- Ability to work independently or as part of a group to complete tasks
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to UHN standards
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Knowledge of applicable legislative, UHN and/or departmental policies
- Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand
- May be required to work at multiple areas as well as rotating shifts in emergency situations
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job: able to lift 11 kg to 20 kg
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: December 11, 2020 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.