Samsung and OSL have partnered to operate the National Field Sales and Training Team for Samsung in Canada. Samsung is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. We want people to join our team who are excited about Samsung products and services and want to share their knowledge and journey with others. This is a place where you can become a world-leading expert in your field and take your career to new heights! It’s an exciting time to be at OSL Retail Services, working for a people focused company that’s at the top of its game. The momentum we’ve generated in recent years with our commitments to client customers, innovation, business results, and an entrepreneurial spirit has created energy, enthusiasm, and engagement among our employees that is pushing us to new heights.
As the National Training and Development Manager, you will lead a team in the design, development, coordination and execution of high impact training and development strategies. With the a keen on strategic planning, you will also develop and lead the research, organization and conduct all division training programs, education, and workshops.
Work remotely: due to COVID-19
What you’re responsible for:
- Develop strategic planning of training initiatives and content development both internally and externally during product launches
- Equip the training team to leverage appropriate training methodologies including, but not limited to one-on-one, classroom, online facilitation, and e-learning and multimedia training
- Ensure progress of training through collaboration with trainers and understanding performance reports
- Collaborates with content development team to strategize execution of digital training assets
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to ensure the training material is tailored to the immediate audience
- Strategize with leadership to continuously improve and customize existing programs and courses
- Liaise with internal and external clients on reporting needs to find effective solutions
- Create and build relationships with our partners for future collaboration with events and sessions
- Collaborates with external partners to drive excellence in training and knowledge retention
- Provides strategy and direction on learning paths for ambassadors, retail sales associates and field team members
- Supports ongoing knowledge development and training execution of field team
To be successful:
- Excellent knowledge of training methods as well as organizational change management expertise
- Excellent knowledge of various learning methodologies, ADDIE, Kirk Patrick, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Sales Processes and Skills
- Experience in the wireless or electronics industry is an asset
- Experience in facilitating groups online using engagement tools, polling, and gamification
- Strong working proficiency in WebEx, MS Teams, and other online training vehicles
- Strong working proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts and video scripts
To join our team:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, such as education, organizational development, Human Resources, business administration, communications, etc. is an asset
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience working in training delivery, teaching, coaching, facilitation, LMS
- Ability to proactively build strong relationships within a diverse organization
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple on-going priorities
- Superior organizational and planning skills
- Experience in leading a National/Regional Team is considered a strong asset
What we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Vacation plus additional flex days
- Comprehensive benefits
- Training and development opportunities to grow your career with one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies
- A supportive workplace culture and work environment
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
OSL is committed to an inclusive workplace that does not discriminate against race, nationality, religion, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.