The primary role of the Produce Associate is to maintain produce levels on the store shelves. You will be responsible for preparing and merchandising the department’s products.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of the Summerhill Market team, you will conduct yourself with integrity and are committed to providing the best possible service to Summerhill’s customers, staff and clients.
The responsibilities of the Produce Associate include but are not limited to:
- Transporting goods from the basement produce area to the main floor;
- Stocking of shelves;
- Preparing fruits, vegetables and assorted food items for packaging and sale.
- Assisting in the loading and unloading of orders into and out of the main produce cooler;
- Cleaning and maintaining the main floor and basement produce areas as needed or requested;
- Reporting any issues with the stock levels, produce quality or customer issues to your supervisor;
- Maintaining Health and Safety Standards as defined under the Health and Safety Act:
- Any other reasonable tasks as assigned.
Qualifications/Experience:1-year experience in a retail produce or similar environment;
- Able to work under pressure and tight timelines;
- Comfortable using knives.
- Able to work early mornings, holidays and weekends;
- Able to handle physical work, mainly lifting and hauling;
- Food Handlers Certificate an asset;
- WHMIS training an asset.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 18-27 per week
Salary: From $16.00 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Store discount
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
We follow the most current guidelines for Covid-19 safety.
- Are you looking for a summertime position or part time beyond the summer?
- English (required)
Work Location: In person