JOB POSTING # 870050
Position: Project Manager, Data & Implementation Science – TFT
Department: UHN Digital
Reports To: Senior Project Manager, Data & Implementation Science (Infrastructure Program)
Site: Atrium on Bay; UHN Hospital Locations (Toronto General, Toronto Western, Princess Margaret, Toronto Rehab)
Status: Temporary Full-Time (18 months)
Grade/Salary: H0:09 – $45,20 – $48.00 per hour (based on competencies and experience)
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of a Project Manager in our Technology & Innovation Department.
University Health Network is a major landmark in Canada’s health care system with four hospitals, five research institutes, and our Michener Institute of Education. Our purpose is to transform lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery, and learning. With over 1,200 beds, more than one million clinic visits per year, and a budget of over $2 billion, UHN and its 16,000 employees make a difference in the lives of patients and their families every day. For more information on UHN, visit www.uhn.ca.
UHN Digital works with patients, clinicians, educators, researchers, and innovators to provide the digital tools needed to deliver exceptional care, conduct world-class research, and provide thorough education. We do this by unifying our digital efforts across the network, strategically investing in robust digital infrastructure. We offer a collaborative team environment with opportunities for professional development. For more information on UHN Digital, visit www.uhn.ca/Digital.
The Data and Implementation Science Team supports impactful delivery of solutions benefiting the health system; discovers, validates designs and delivers opportunities of change, and brings contextual awareness through data to ensure successful implementations, value and outcomes for UHN’s patients.
An exciting opportunity is available to showcase your talents as a Project Manager in the Data and Implementation Science team. We are seeking a bold, creative, and innovative individual who can lead various types of digital projects that support clinicians, researchers, educators, patients, and corporate business areas.
In your role, you will bring a mastery of executing design solutions that are patient-centric and data-driven, ensure value-added for our stakeholders, and achieve UHN’s business objectives. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Application of rigorous project management, Lean and Agile methodologies across the project lifecycle to ensure milestone and on-budget completion that meets organizational requirements;
- Collaboration and facilitation of requirements gathering within a multi-disciplinary team environment, including executives, managers, clinicians, business teams, technical stakeholders, and vendors;
- Effectively implementing and sustaining organizational change by applying rigorous change management and communication practices;
- Coaching and managing project teams on multiple implementations of medium to large scope/complexity
The Project Manager will report into the Senior Manager, Project Management Office (PMO) – Infrastructure Program.
While leading key initiatives within the infrastructure portfolio, the Project Manager will be primarily responsible for coordinating an enterprise-wide telephony and network closet upgrade across the various hospital sites.
The successful candidate must possess strong project management skills (e.g. schedule development, milestone tracking, status reporting, risk management, budget management, etc.); as well as demonstrate effective communication and change management skills. This will include strong stakeholder management, facilitation skills as well as solid team building and effective team management.
What are your primary responsibilities?
- Work closely with the Senior Manager, PMO, and other project managers/leads to create project work plans in coordination with appropriate internal and external stakeholders to establish scope, deliverables, budgets, accountabilities, schedules, timelines, resources, monitoring, and post project audit/evaluation;
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion;
- Manage the daily operational aspects of the project by providing project management expertise and guidance, enforcing project standards, anticipating and troubleshooting issues and minimizing the hospital’s exposure to risk;
- Plan, schedule and manage project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools;
- Develop, manage and deliver progress reports, requirements documentation, and presentations;
- Apply rigorous project management methodologies across the project lifecycle to ensure milestone and on-budget completion that meets organizational requirements;
- Collaborate and facilitate requirements gathering within a multi-disciplinary team environment, including executives, managers, clinicians, business teams, technical stakeholders, and vendors;
- Drive business insight and demonstrate benefits of implemented initiatives to the organization by applying sound data analysis, data quality, data reporting & visualization;
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements;
- Effectively implement and sustain organizational change by applying rigorous change management and communication practices;
- Coach and manage project team.
What do you need to have?
- 5+ years project management experience or equivalent required;
- Experience leading and successfully implementing transformational projects in a healthcare setting and/or complex technical implementations (e.g. integration, infrastructure, devices) is required;
- Experience leading other Sr. Analysts, Analysts, etc. is required;
- Experience in formal procurement processes, contract negotiations, and vendor management is required;
- University Degree required in Health Informatics, Computer Science, Technology, Business, or related field is required. Master’s degree is an asset.
- Experience with and understanding of how to effectively manage change (e.g. Kotter, ADKAR, etc.) in a healthcare setting is preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred;
- Familiarity with healthcare information systems, interfaces, HL7, ITIL, and/or enterprise architecture an asset;
- Other certification (Lean/Six-Sigma Black Belt, ITIL, IIBA, Change Management) are an asset.
What Skills are required?
- Ability to apply extensive project management knowledge and expertise (project planning, implementation, evaluation, risk assessment, benefits realization) ;
- Keen ability to anticipate and analyze risks and issues, explore alternatives, and develop appropriate recommendations with project and technical teams for presentation to senior leadership;
- Strong organizational skills, analytical ability, attention to detail, and the ability to efficiently handle several demands/priorities simultaneously;
- Strong budget and risk management skills; demonstrated proficiency in qualitative and quantitative data analytics to support IT investment benefits and Return on Investment analyses;
- Proven ability to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic project environment;
Leadership & Strategy:
- Demonstrated experience in team and resource management with the ability to lead diverse teams;
- Ability to mentor and affect desired results based on team members’ individual goals and objectives (specifically listening, coaching, group facilitation and conflict resolution skills);
- Strong tactical and good critical strategic thinking as well as strong problem recognition and problem solving abilities;
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects, prioritize multiple conflicting priorities
- Strong listening, coaching, group facilitation and conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to work under pressure with changing priorities in a complex environment;
- Resilience and ability to persevere in difficult situations, overcome obstacles, and reach high levels of performance when faced with stressful work situations and time pressures;
Communication & Change Management:
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management and project stakeholders;
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and customer service skills with the ability to focus on details and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical teams;
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues (both verbal and written) clearly;
- Proven stakeholder management experience including negotiating, influencing, and consensus building
- Strong training, presentation, and/or writing skills;
- Moderate understanding of telephony, core network and network infrastructure (and/or willingness to learn).
- Proficient use of computer, software, and peripheral equipment (MS Office suite, MS Project, MS Visio, and scrum or enterprise work management tools such as Kanban, Atlassian Jira, ServiceNow).
Reasons to Stay and Grow with UHN
- We are committed to making UHN a preferred place to work and learn. UHN offers exceptional benefits and programs to our employees, activated upon their start date. These include medical and dental benefits, a leading pension plan (HOOPP) with retirement income for life, group life insurance, and a strong vacation package.
POSTED DATE: February 2, 2021 – February 16, 2021
Staffing Advisor, Human Resources RFE 2nd Floor – Posting #870050
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.