Project Manager – Job Description
Brook Restoration is looking for a Restoration Project Manager who will be responsible for all aspects of project management, from onset to completion. Working alongside other Project Managers and Sr. Management, the successful candidate is effective at planning, executing, controlling, monitoring, closing, and reporting on several projects. The successful hire will work alongside Construction Estimators, Site Management, third-party industry partners including sub-contractors, and foreman.
- Customer Focus
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Adaptability/ Flexibility
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Result Focus
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Mediating and Negotiating
- Providing Consultation
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Staff Management
- Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Development and Continual Learning
- Manage project start-up, building permits, Construction Management process
- Prepare Construction Schedules, progress and monthly reports
- Manage trade contractor site meetings, RFI’s, invoices and control document process
- Observe that Work Safe Practices are being followed during site visits
- Ensure all contractual issues are resolved and dealt with in a timely manner
- Coordinates and directs the buy-out of trade contracts including a scope of work review
- Finalize all sub-trade contractual issues
- Prepare contract with trades
- Manage internal or external contractors or trades
- Primary liaison with site superintendents and sub-trades
- Coordinate Site Superintendents and project workforce needs with General Superintendent
- Familiarize the project team with the terms of the project contract (Contract with Owner) and proposal
- Identify suitable service offerings for clients.
- Provide recommendations to client on all bid summaries
- Maintain rapport with clients
- Establish a Project Charter for each approved project, defining the projects goals, and responsibilities, work breakdown structure, milestones, and deliverables.
- Conduct cost-benefit analyses, risk analyses, and ROI calculations to determine project feasibility.
- Manage project activities throughout lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success.
- Plan all project timelines, milestones, deliverables, and micro-deliverables using the appropriate software tools and/or PM methods.
- Organize project teams into suitable workgroups and guide the teams throughout their efforts to produce deliverables according to specification.
- Establish and deliver mechanisms for tracking project progress and reporting to stakeholders via a formal communications plan.
- Conduct stakeholder meetings and forums in order to solicit feedback, input, and expectations; incorporate these into project plans.
- Track all project costs to ensure completion within budget; procure extra budget funding where necessary.
- Closely monitor the efforts and billing of third-party workers, such as consultants, contractors, and other specialists.
- Identify and resolve conflicts within project teams and associate work; create contingency plans to mitigate risk.
- Manage project dependencies.
- Conduct project post mortems in order to identify areas for improvement; make recommendations based on findings.
- Oversee total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule.
- Interface with client representatives, architect representative, subcontractors, security, etc.
- Plan, coordinate and/or supervise activities of all company personnel on assigned project(s).
- Authorize/approve all project personnel transactions, purchase requisitions, change requests, etc.
- Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures, standards, etc., are adhered to.
- Interpret policies as required.
- Provide direction to planning, scheduling, and engineering functions as required.
- Perform additional assignments per manager’s direction.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- PMP is preferred
- 3 or more years of Restoration experience, or 5 years of Construction experience
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans
- A solid understanding of all construction trades and construction techniques
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills
- Effectiveness in the areas of construction safety and productivity
- Ability to work safely in a construction environment
- Superior leadership qualities with a demonstrated track record of dealing successfully with internal and external customers
- Results-oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and timelines
- Understanding fundamentals of contracts and experience in managing contractors under the terms of a contract
- Knowledge of H&S regulations and related building codes
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods.
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolutions skills.
- Superb creation and facilitation of meetings, feedback sessions, and briefings in order to create consensus among stakeholders.
- Able to effectively communicate with all types of staff, including laborers, technical, professional, and upper management.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with business units, corporate departments, key managers, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures
- Possess a valid drivers license
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email
- First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Travel to the site, and off-site locations will be required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work both indoors and outdoors
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Bonus pay
- Monday to Friday
- Restoration: 3 years (preferred)
- project management: 5 years (preferred)
- Exterior Restoration: 2 years (preferred)