JOB POSTING #907496
Site: TORONTO WESTERN HOSPITAL
Department: BARIATRIC PROGRAM
Reports to: MANAGER, BARIATRIC PROGRAM
Salary/Grade: $33.80 – $42.25 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Status: Temporary full-time 3 – 6 months
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Psychometrist in our Bariatric Program.
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery, and learning.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research, and education. The University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
The scope of research and complexity of cases at Toronto General Hospital have made it a national and international source for discovery, education, and patient care. It has one of the largest hospital-based research programs in Canada, with major research in transplantation, surgical innovation, cardiology, infectious diseases, genomic medicine, and liver disease. Find out about our purpose, values, and principles here.
As an integral member of the Bariatric Program, the responsibilities of the Psychometrist will be to review (internal scan and external scan) current psychosocial screening tools, development of psychosocial standardized screening and psychosocial assessment tools, conduct assessments, assist in the development and implementation of a psychosocial database. This role will include conducting psychological assessments of patients referred to the clinic; providing psychotherapeutic treatments; supervising the activities of data support specialist as it relates to the psychosocial database, participating in program planning and development activities; preparing discharge summary; performing cross-functional duties, as assigned, or requested; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- Successful completion of a recognized master’s degree program in psychology, or recognized equivalent
- Eligible for registration with the College of Psychologists of Ontario
- Three to five years experience working with a multi-disciplinary team in a health care setting
- Experience with CBT strongly preferred
- Experience with diagnostic interviewing and test administration
- Clinical and research experience preferred
- Experience teaching and supervising students preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent assessment and counseling skills
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to exercise sound critical judgment and to function in an independent, self-directed manner
- Knowledge of other areas of adult psychopathology
- Ability to work effectively and independently as a member of a multidisciplinary team
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
POSTED DATE: October 6, 2022, CLOSING DATE: Until filled
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.