Date Posted: 06/28/2022
Req ID: 25539
Faculty/Division: Faculty of Arts & Science
Department: Munk Sch Global Affairs & Public Policy
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
The Faculty of Arts & Science is the heart of Canada’s leading university and one of the most comprehensive and diverse academic divisions in the world. The strength of Arts & Science derives from our combined teaching and research excellence in the humanities, sciences and social sciences across 29 departments, seven colleges and 46 interdisciplinary centres, institutes and programs.
We can only realize our mission with the dedication and excellence of engaged staff and faculty. The diversity of opportunities and perspectives within the Faculty reflect the local and global landscape and the need for curiosity, innovative thinking and collaboration. At Art’s & Science, we take pride in our legacy of innovation and discovery that has changed the way we think about the world.
The Munk School of Global Affairs & Public Policy proudly offers 14 teaching programs in a variety of areas of global expertise. As part of the University of Toronto, we are home to exceptional faculty, experts, and researchers from around the globe, and over 40 academic centres, labs, and programs. Our goal is to build unique, world-renowned research, teaching, and public engagement centre that shapes the new field of global affairs from Canada. Our School unifies those who are passionate about global affairs and public policy to discuss the problems of a fast-changing world.
Reporting to the Executive Director and supervised by the Executive Director’s Executive Assistant the incumbent provides reception and administrative assistance at the Munk School of Global Affairs, 1 Devonshire Street location. The Receptionist & Administrative Assistant is the front-line receptionist and courteously greets and welcomes all visitors to the building, including senior academics and industry guest speakers, and performs general clerical duties supporting the School’s faculty and staff.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responding to enquiries within the defined scope of the role and redirecting as appropriate
- Booking rooms and arranging appropriate accommodations
- Liaising with contacts to ensure consistent administration procedures are followed
- Identifying and introducing variations to established administration processes
- Writing routine documents and correspondence
- Verifying the accuracy and completeness of documents, generating standard financial reports, and collating and organizing data for various reports
- Determining logistical details and activities for events and/or programming
- Verifying that supporting documentation is attached to financial records before processing in FIS
- College Diploma (2 years) or an acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum two years of relevant clerical, administrative and reception experience in a front-line position working in a busy office environment, working with databases, data entry and word processing and providing strong customer service.
- Experience with reviewing, preparing and processing financial documents.
- Experience working with the Financial Information System (FIS) and/or other related financial systems.
- Experience creating and maintaining electronic and hardcopy filing systems.
- Experience with arranging meetings and coordinating event logistics.
- Strong MS Word, Excel, and database skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent front-line customer service skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills and demonstrated ability to meet competing deadlines, high degree of accuracy; demonstrated professionalism and tact, ability to interact and communicate effectively with a diverse group including students, faculty, staff, donors; willingness to learn new methods, procedures, and programs.
- Demonstrated initiative, attention to detail and ability to work in a busy office. Proven ability to prioritize own workflow, and demonstrated ability to coordinate efficient administrative processes.
- Ability to remain calm, professional and solutions-oriented in instances where event guests or the general public may be demanding or challenging
- familiarity with the University of Toronto campus and its faculties and colleges
To be successful in this role you will be:
Closing Date: 07/11/2022, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget – Continuing
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 07 – $53,222 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $68,063. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Administrative / Managerial
Recruiter: Kecha Holland