Are you looking for a career helping others? Looking for a company that values passion and rewards its employees with great benefits? Your search is over – a Registered Practical Nurse with Home Care Assistance is the job for you!
We are the Champions of Aging! As a company, we adhere to the best business practices – fully insured, we also cover all employees with workers compensation and will take care of any related tax reporting. This strong commitment to hiring and developing only excellent team players has helped us become the premier provider of non-medical in-home senior care and Solution Staffing partner.
- Competitive pay
- Flexible hours
- Work in a Retirement Community with a great staff
- Make a difference in a senior’s life
Responsibilities of a Registered Practical Nurse:
- Assesses, plan, implement and evaluate individualized care to meet the residents’ physical and emotional needs. Ensure resident care plan is initiated in collaboration with other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Communicate with relatives regarding the care and condition of respective residents as required.
- In conjunction with the Health and Wellness Manager, participates in discharge planning, consultation, and/or transfer of residents.
- As required, provide direct resident care and participate in resident teaching.
- Encourage active participation by residents in all therapy programs and recreational activities.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of an appropriate plan of care for each resident.
- Liaise with attending physicians, psychiatrists, consultants, social workers, clergy, relatives or responsible persons, nursing, dietary, activity staff, etc. to ensure effective resident care is provided;
- Provides first aid to staff when necessary and completes Employee Injury Report;
- Procure and administer medications including all injections and narcotics;
- Participate in the orientation, on-the-job training and in-servicing of nursing staff as required;
- As required, requisition and receive supplies.
- A sound knowledge and background in geriatric, rehabilitation or long term/retirement nursing including activation, nursing and personnel administration. Knowledge of the appropriate sections of the Health Disciplines Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Pharmacy Act, Food and Drugs Act (Canada), Narcotic Control Act (Canada) and other pertinent Federal, Provincial and Municipal Statutes which influence the operation of the Retirement Home and more specifically the nursing department;
- Registered Practical Nurses who provide care to residents in the facility shall have a current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses within their province;
- All RPN staff who will be administering medications to residents shall have completed the following:
- An RPN Nursing program which contains a Medication Administration course as part of the core program;
- An RPN Medication Administration Certificate program provided in Ontario since 1985 or; A Medication Administration Certificate course provided out of province and which has been evaluated by the facility’s Health and Wellness Manager.
Candidates must be available to nights.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search, which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Home Care Assistance is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties.
Start your rewarding career with Home Care Assistance today. Apply now!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $24.00-$28.00 per hour
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- nursing: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
- Nursing (Required)