Job Posting # 869330
Position: Registration Clerk (multiple positions)
Site: UHN Vaccination Clinics (downtown)
Department: Vaccination Centre
Reports To: Manager
Wage Schedule: $18.60 to $23.25 per hour
Hours: up to 37.5 hours; 12-hour shifts; 8:00 am to 8:00 pm, including weekends
Status: Temporary (up to 6 months)
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto General Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here
As a member of the Vaccination Centre Team, the principal responsibilities of the REGISTRATION CLERK include greeting patients and registering them into an electronic medical record system. The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills, strong attention to detail and an ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- At minimum, completion of post-secondary certificate with up to 1 year in Office Administration or recognized equivalent
- Practical and related experience working in a fast-paced, ambulatory environment
- General knowledge of office practices, processes and procedures
- Strong computer skills, including working with data input systems
- Ability to perform duties in a professional manner with a service-oriented approach that promotes high quality work and client satisfaction
- Excellent team player with ability to communicate effectively and manage conflict in a professional manner
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to prioritize demands
- Ability to handle difficult patients/situations in a calm, efficient, and professional manner
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.