Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS) Technician (4 Positions)
Job Posting #: 923757
Site: Toronto Western Hospital
Department: Poul Hansen Family Centre for Depression
Reports to: Sr. Clinical Manager
Hours: 0 – 37.5 hours per week
Salary: $25.10 to $31.38 hourly
Posted Date: August 24, 2023
Closing Date: Until Filled
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of ground-breaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
The Poul Hansen Family Centre for Depression is a comprehensive program that offers holistic care in one Centre to individuals with mood disorders. As an integral member of Centre for Depression team, the rTMS Technician administers repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS) treatment to patients of the Centre, as prescribed by a Centre for Depression physician.
- Administers rTMS treatment to patients, as prescribed by physician
- Monitors patient for side effects
- Document treatment in electronic health record system
- Enter treatment orders in electronic health record system, as directed by physician
- Communicates with interprofessional care team regarding patient treatment progress, safety, and side effects
- Connects patients to care team members, as appropriate.
- Attend rTMS rounds
- Performs cross-functional and/or other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned or requested
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, clinical or related health care program or recognized equivalent required
- Previous rTMS or other brain stimulation treatments, or mental health interventions is considered an asset
- At a minimum, 1-2 years practical and related experience
- Demonstrated experience supporting patients in a health/mental health care setting
- General understanding of brain disorders
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in a diverse setting
- Excellent problem recognition and problem-solving skills
- Effective organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of PHIPPA and confidentiality
- Committed to patient-centred care
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to work effectively and accurately under stressful conditions
Why join UHN?
In addition to working alongside some of the most talented and inspiring healthcare professionals in the world, UHN offers a wide range of benefits, programs and perks. It is the comprehensiveness of these offerings that makes it a differentiating factor, allowing you to find value where it matters most to you, now and throughout your career at UHN.
- Competitive offer packages
- Government organization and a member of the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP https://hoopp.com/)
- Close access to Transit and UHN shuttle service
- A flexible work environment
- Opportunities for development and promotions within a large organization
- Additional perks (multiple corporate discounts including: travel, restaurants, parking, phone plans, auto insurance discounts, on-site gyms, etc.)
Current UHN employees must have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, to be eligible for consideration.
Vaccines (COVID and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their requirements known in advance. Any information received related to an accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.