If you thrive in a team-oriented workplace that challenges your skills, to drive your career development, embraces diversity and rewards innovation, with competitive pay and great employee programs, join the Ainsworth team today!
Reporting to the Senior Corporate Controller, the Senior Accounting Manager is responsible for the overall operations of the accounting teams and processes for Ainsworth. By providing direction and oversight for the financial controls within the business, this role ensures compliance with established and acceptable accounting practices and legal requirements, which in turn results in the timely and accurate delivery of financial reporting for the business.
- Responsible for the validation of all financial controls and procedures within the business, including ensuring acceptable procedures and policies for accounting, financial and taxes are in place within the business.
- Periodically audit internal controls to ensure compliance with all finance and accounting procedures.
- Evaluate current polices and practices within the accounting team, driving continuous improvement while also ensuring alignment with acceptable accounting principles for all regions in which the business operates.
- Oversee financial reports generated from accounting teams to ensure accurate reviews of the business’s current and projected financial position.
- Review financial issues that directly impact the business financials, such as business expenses, and tax calculations and remittances.
- Provide oversight for all treasury functions for the business, specifically managing the banking relationship and ensuring appropriate controls are in place.
- Coordinate month end and yearend procedures, including the preparation of schedules for periodic financial reviews.
- Partner with IT leadership to ensure that appropriate financial management systems and platforms are in place to support the business, making sure it is capable of supporting growth.
- Act as the primary point of contact for external auditors during operational and financial audits.
- Collaborate with the legal department to ensure the proper business structures are in place and support Merger & Acquisition activity as required.
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by and in accordance with all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental company policies and government legislation/regulations.
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality System operating procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Education and Experience
- The successful candidate must be an accomplished operationally oriented financial executive with a minimum of 8-10 years experience in a similar role, with demonstrated experience in treasury, M&A activity and management of external auditing processes.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a financial leadership role.
- Must be able to explain accounting and financial concepts to nonfinancial mangers in clear concise terms.
- Minimum of 5 years prior experience in a major accounting / auditing firm.
- Experience in Consolidation/Multi-currency would be an asset.
- A CPA designation in good standing is essential.
Schedule: Full Time
Length of Contract: N/A
Work Location: North York
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Ainsworth is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified designated group members are encouraged to apply as any reasonable accommodation of qualifications will be considered as per our Accommodation Policy, available upon request.
Ainsworth is an integrated multi-trade company, offering an end-to-end services and solutions for all asset maintenance and refurbishment requirements of our customers. We are continually striving to create better and more advanced products as well as provide the highest quality service. We are rapidly growing and need talented professionals to help drive our vision at becoming the best multi-trade company in the country! Join us…. Make a difference.
l*Team Oriented Environment lCompetitive compensation lPerformance Based Bonuses l* Paid Training Programl*Group Benefits Plan lPromote-from-within Policy lVacation Policy lState-of-the-Art Equipment and Tools lExposure to Cutting Edge Technology l*